Labor, Health and Security Performance
Grupo Sanborns employs nearly 49 thousand people (staff and temporary positions) in Mexico and some countries in Central America. In the year, we created job opportunities for 1,024 individuals.
Benefit Programs for employees at Grupo Sanborns include:
- Digital scholarships and scholarships for children and immediate family members
- Flexi time for mothers and fathers, financial support for funeral expenses and work absence with pay
- Health prevention campaigns with the collaboration of the Mexican Social Security Institute (IMSS, Instituto Mexicano del Seguro Social) and the Ministry of Health (SS, Secretaría de Salud)
- Civil Protection Program that considers the training of volunteers organized in brigades
- Personal Development Program with the support of the ASUME, CRESE and Social Welfare programs
- Courses connected to the “Training for Job” platform of the Carlos Slim Foundation aimed at providing basic training to operative workers
- Training on sales and managerial skills
Sanborns’ training program encompassed 1,325 courses in 2016 for 94,901 employees, while at Sears an average of 19.34 courses were offered per employee.